Friday, February 12, 2010

Finding peace in the craziness

It's been a long couple days. Both my boys have had a little cold this week. No biggie, but a bit more goopy and a bit less cheery than normal. My little Santiago is 6 months now and it's his first sickness. Poor baby. But he's so sweet; so smooshy and snuggly.

Salvador just turned three! He's certainly a big boy now, begging for crackers and fruit snacks and Dora, jumping off the furniture and driving his train and...me...pretty much crazy.

But at the end of the day, all he really wanted was to climb on my lap in the chair in his room and snuggle. Well, actually he really wanted a back scratch (he's a little back scratch addict like his mama). So we sat in his chair in the dark in his room. We didn't say anything, just sat. And he was calm and at peace.

And it reminded me that that is all I really need. To climb upon the lap of my heavenly Father and just sit. I don't need to say anything, and He doesn't either. I doubt He even minds if I fall asleep. I just need to sit, and know I am loved. To know that I am safe and all is well. I am not alone. I can feel loco all day and yet He still wants me to sit with Him. And that's all I really need.

Life is good. I am calm and at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment